From: Ryan Gibbons <gibbonsr-ml@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Best practices in managing large server groups
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 16:31:09
1 I believe you will still need a tree either way.
2
3 I would just have the master server share it's portage tree over nfs,
4 and then when you update the nodes of the cluster, just mount the nfs
5 share, run your emerge system or world or whatever, and then when you
6 are finished umount the nfs share.
7
8 I imagine this could be done easily via scripts, complete with error
9 checking for bad mounts bad emerges etc.
10
11 Ronan Mullally wrote:
12 > Hi Karl,
13 >