From: "José Costa" <meetra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Best practices in managing large server groups
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 17:51:15
1 try portage-utils. they are in C.
2
3 On 5/21/07, Ronan Mullally <ronan@×××.ie> wrote:
4 > On Mon, 21 May 2007, Ryan Gibbons wrote:
5 >
6 > > I believe you will still need a tree either way.
7 > >
8 > > I would just have the master server share it's portage tree over nfs, and then
9 > > when you update the nodes of the cluster, just mount the nfs share, run your
10 > > emerge system or world or whatever, and then when you are finished umount the
11 > > nfs share.
12 > >
13 > > I imagine this could be done easily via scripts, complete with error checking
14 > > for bad mounts bad emerges etc.
15 >
16 > That's what I figured. Okay, last question - how do I stop emerge trying
17 > to update the compiler-less systems to include development tools like gcc?
18 > I presume tweaking the profile is the way to do it. Is there a stock
19 > profile that already has these excluded?
22 > -Ronan
23 > --
24 > gentoo-server@g.o mailing list
28 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list