From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Fwd: can't use authuserdb for authentication
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 18:33:39
1 Below is a message I sent to the courier-users mailing list without much of
2 a response. Hopefully someeone on this list might know the answer.
3
4 This has been tested using both courier-imap-3.0.2 and 3.0.4-r1.
5
6 Thanks.
7
8 --kurt
9
10 ----- Forwarded message from Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o> -----
11
12 I'm trying to set up courier-imap to retrieve email using authuserdb. In
13 my /etc/courier-imap/imapd file, I have:
14
15 AUTHMODULES="authdaemon"
16
17 In /etc/courier-imap/authdaemonrc, I have:
18
19 authmodulelist="authuserdb"
20
21 /etc/courier-imap/authdaemond.conf has:
22
23 AUTHDAEMOND="authdaemond.plain"
24
25 I've created a user account using:
26
27 userdb -f /etc/userdb "myuser@××××××.com" set home=/home/mail \
28 mail=/home/mail/virtual-addresses/domain.com/myuser uid=5000 G=5000
29
30 userdbpw | userdb -f /etc/userdb "myuser@××××××.com" set imappw
31 makeuserdb
32
33 /home/mail/* is chowned to 5000:5000 and the perms on all directories are
34 770.
35
36 However, when I telnet to localhost and try to authenticate, I get:
37
38 * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2004 Double Precision, Inc. See COPYING for distribution information.
39 a001 login myuser@××××××.com mypassword
40 a001 NO Login failed.
41
42 Checking the debug output in the logs, I verified that the password I'm
43 entering is correct. Furthermore, if I try to use authpam and a regular
44 user account, I'm able to authenticate just fine.
45
46 I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious, but I have no idea what it is.
47 Any help is appreciated.
48
49 --kurt
53 ----- End forwarded message -----