From: Michael Stewart <vericgar-gmane@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: Fwd: can't use authuserdb for authentication
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 19:22:24
1 Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > Below is a message I sent to the courier-users mailing list without much of
3 > a response. Hopefully someeone on this list might know the answer.
4 >
5 > This has been tested using both courier-imap-3.0.2 and 3.0.4-r1.
6 >
7 > Thanks.
8 >
9 > --kurt
10
11 Not using Courier-IMAP here, but the entire Courier MTA, version 0.45.3
12 and using mysql for auth, so things may be different, but setting up
13 authdaemond in general should be similar.
14
15 I don't see a authdaemond.conf or AUTHDAEMOND in any of the
16 documentation I'm looking at (or anywhere on my system). Though what you
17 are trying to do there seems to be handled by setting version in
18 authdaemonrc.
19
20 You will also want to double check that authdaemond is running,
21 otherwise all logins will fail.
22
23 Also, all documentation I see puts the userdb in /etc/courier instead of
24 just /etc.
25
26 For reference, the documentation I am looking at is
27 http://www.courier-mta.org.
28
29 I hope I have been of help,
30