From: Sean Cook <scook@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] SAN Clustered Filesystem
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 22:09:34
1 Both are example of potential shared filesystems... GFS is even pitched as a
2 low cost alternative to a SAN or NAS (see redhats docs).
3
4 I would agree that the technologies are vastly different. GFS is a
5 clustering Filesystem, where as iSCSI is a block level device similar to FC
6 and FCAL.
7
8 Regards,
9