From: "paul kölle" <pkoelle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] SAN Clustered Filesystem
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 22:04:13
1 Sean Cook schrieb:
2 > I would actually spend a little more and start looking at iSCSI for attached
3 > storage. You can generally pickup some decent chassis on ebay for not a lot
4 > of change and it gives you a lot more flexibility.
5 >
6 > GFS is ok if you don't want to mess around with a SAN but it has no where
7 > near the performance of fiber or iSCSI attached storage.
8 Aren't those apples and oranges? I thought iSCSI is a block level
9 protocol and doesn't do locking and such whereas GFS does...
10
11 sorry, noob wrt above
12 Paul
13 --