From: Robert Welz <welz@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] 3.3 TB reiserfs volume not mounting at boot, and is unusable afterwards
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:53:37
1 Jared Klett wrote:
2
3 > Partition type? [primary]?
4 > File system type? [ext2]? reiserfs
5 > Start? 0.0
6 > End? 3600G
7 > (parted) print
8 > Disk geometry for /dev/sdb: 0kB - 3600GB
9 > Disk label type: gpt
10 > Number Start End Size File system Name Flags
11 > 1 17kB 3600GB 3600GB
12 > (parted) quit
13
14 Hi.
15 I think the "file system" parameter is missing. IMHO it must be 83 or
16 "Linux".
17
18 There are rumors for Reiserfs not as reliable as it should be, maybe you
19 should consider ext3 journaled, especially since you have such a big
20 volume, so an eventual recovery is much faster.
23 But I don't want to start a flame war; thats what I've heard at "Linux
24 Mailserver Conference" a while ago.
25
26 BTW: Are jou running an UPS with your 3ware controller? I've just
27 fiddled out how not to corrupt my HDs with the 3ware Inc
28 7xxx/8xxx-series PATA/RAID controller when the nut-ups software shuts
29 down on power failure.
30
31 Robert
32 --