From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] wolk-sources
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:41:27
1 On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 02:29:48PM -0400 or thereabouts, Rev. Jeffrey Paul wrote:
2 > I've encountered random odd freezes using gentoo-sources as well. What do
3 > you usually use on production machines? When stability is key, I've found
4 > myself using vanilla-sources and then manually patching grsec in, although
5 > I admit I am not as informed about the other kernel source sets as I'd
6 > like to be. Are there better alternatives for production servers?
7
8 All our servers run either WOLK or vanilla+grsec. WOLK is generally my
9 first choice, but 4.9 had some problems with ACPI and hyperthreading on SMP
10 machines which, as I understand it, have since been fixed on 4.10pre
11
12 I've heard some of the other developers say good things about both
13 ac-sources and aa-sources. Never used either of those myseflf.
14
15 --kurt