From: Ramon van Alteren <ramon@××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Chkrootkit report port 465 INFECTED
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:18:43
1 Robert Larson wrote:
2
3 >On Friday 24 March 2006 05:38 am, Paul Kölle wrote:
6 >>王 鹏辉 wrote:
9 >>>Hello, list,
10 >>>
11 >>>Recently, i found that my emails server has sent out mess spam emails by
12 >>>some strange account from xxx@×××××.com. I run chkrootkit then found that
13 >>>
14 >>>bindshell INFECTED (PORTS: 465)
15 >>>
16 >>>
17 >>Me too. AFAIK it's a false positive. This is stated in a chkrootkit FAQ
18 >>whose URL slipped out of my memory but I found it by google.
22 >I can verify this as it has been a false positive for me in the past. I would
23 >highly recommend, before passing it off as a false positive, check to see
24 >what is listening on this port. I've heard that Exim uses this, and
25 >PortSentry does as well. "netstat -nap --ip" should show it. Also, you may
26 >use "lsof | grep TCP".
29 This is normally the port an ssl enabled mailserver listens on.
30 netstat -ltnp shows ports with attached listeners and processids, that
31 should get you started on figuring out what is actually listening on
32 that port.
33
34 Ramon
37 To be stupid and selfish and to have good health are the three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, the others are useless.
38
39 Gustave Flaubert
45 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list