From: Sven Vermeulen <svermeulen@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Apache with SSL scaling
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:34:30
1 Hi all,
2
3 We're trying to deploy an environment on a two 1.5Ghz PIV with 4Gb of
4 memory. However, we're noticing that we quickly reach a maximum load for
5 SSL-requests on the webserver alone.
6
7 We maxed out on around 1800 active HTTPS sessions who generated around 130
8 requests (GET/POST) per second. Is this to be expected for this
9 configuration? A higher load drops connections (the SSL cache can't handle
10 more load), our number of Apache clients/threads scales well - we have an
11 average of 320 threads (13 processes, each 25 threads) at any point of
12 time.
13
14 We are using the plain Apache (2.0) with the built-in SSL support.
15
16 Wkr,
17 Sven Vermeulen
18 --