From: Sean Cook <scook@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] mailserver setup of choice?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:13:34
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Something is terribly wrong if that is the case... are you running sa as
5 a daemon? or are you running it directly out of amavisd-new?
6
7 sean
8
9 Jean Blignaut wrote:
10 > It was esspecialy troubling since this little problem brought a dual 3G xeon rig to its knees with only a 200+/- user load
11 >
12 > -----Original Message-----
13 > From: Jean Blignaut
14 > Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 5:56 PM
15 > To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
16 > Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] mailserver setup of choice?
17 >
18 > I also have razor and pyzor setup (that is one or the other doesn't actually work) but some times I have issues with losing connections I had some REAL trouble in the beginning with spamassassin which shot cpu up to meltdown loads 150 - up to system crash but later realized that that was because I had no limit on the size of mails scanned
19 >
20 > -----Original Message-----
21 > From: Pawe³ Madej [mailto:linux@××××××××.info]
22 > Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 5:47 PM
23 > To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
24 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] mailserver setup of choice?
25 >
26 > Jean Blignaut wrote:
27 >
28 >>>I was wondering what your opinions are on the best mailserver setup to use?
29 >>>
30 >>>
31 >>>
32 >>>I have painstakingly setup an exim 4 server with exiscan spamassassin
33 >>>clamav mysql courier-imap/pop3 squirrelmail (imap web interface) and
34 >>>vexim (smtp account management - web interface) however I have found it
35 >>>at times unpleasant to administrate and some times wonder if I should
36 >>>not rather have gone with postfix or qmail
37 >>>
38 >>>
39 >>>
40 >>>Regards
41 >>>
42 >>>Jean Blignaut
43 >>>
46 > At this moment on my testing server I got postfix / mysql / cyrus-sasl /
47 > courier-imap / amavisd-new / clamav / spamassassin / razor / pyzor / dcc
48 > all on virtual mail accounts with respect to system accounts.
49 >
50 > I got some problems with spamassassin / amavis but pop3/imap/smtp and
51 > virus scanning are working ok.
52 >
53 > I used [1] tutorial, it is written for debian but when i manage to make
54 > all working on my box, i'll try to rewrite it for gentoo boxes.
55 >
56 > [1]: http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual_postfix_mysql_quota_courier
57 >
58 > --
59 > PaweB Madej aka Nysander
60 > Member of QuanTeam | RLU #357047
61 > http://wiki.quanteam.info | Gentoo Linux User
62 > http://forum-farmaceutyczne.org | GPG key: 5861680B
63 > | keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu
64 > Kielce, Poland | UTF-8 Email Preferred
65 >
66 > Looking to buy: 6x 73 GB UW3/Ultra160 SCSI 80 pin (SCA)
67 > ..::||::.. pair of PentiumIII Slot1 1GHz/ FSB 100 processors
68 > ..::||::.. 2x 256 MB SDRAM ECC Registered
69 > Got any of this mail me, with prize and shipping costs.
78 --
79 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list