From: "Sancho2k.net Lists" <lists@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Cacti/Nagios Integration
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 02:31:24
1 Lance Albertson wrote:
2 > I know people probably have seen dicussions about this elsewhere but I
3 > wanted to bring it to this list to get a broader sharing of ideas.
4 > Lately, I've been wanting to do more with cacti and nagios both, but it
5 > just seems as though there should be a way to tie the two together to
6 > make things better. The biggest complaint I have thus far is polling the
7 > same data twice using two different methods. I've been reading several
8 > places of how people have combined this.
9
10 Can't speak anything to integration with Cacti, but have you looked at
11 APAN? It will let you take the data that Nagios gathers and graph it in
12 RRDTool. In short, your nagios information becomes the data source for
13 your RRAs. The nice thing is that you have full integration from the
14 Nagios interface, so no two places to go for your info.
15
16 DS