From: MIkey <mikey@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: Re: Sieve & Plus Addressing
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:00:40
1 Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2
3 >> > Right now, I'm using plus-addressing with postfix and cyrus. My aim is
4 >> > to have different mail addresses to post into diff folders
5 >> > automaticaly. Right now, it seems to be working on my little testbed.
6 >>
7 >> Why not just set up "standard" addresses?
8 > Presume this means
9 > user1@×××××××.com
10 > user100@×××××××.com
11 > etc..
12
13 My mistake, I assumed you were talking about public folders, which are
14 called "bulletin boards" in cyrus-imapd speak. You use the plus addressing
15 to post to them, for example by emailing bb+public.blah.
16
17 As far as filing stuff directly into folders, I use sieve for that, much
18 less administrative overhead than setting up aliased email addresses and
19 messing with such granular acls. But it is nice to have the functionality
20 to do it either way....
21
22 > BUlletion boards? You mean shared folders? (Haven't played with that
23 > yet. Will be looked at)
24
25 Yep, shared folders are referred to as "bulletin boards" by cyrus. They are
26 nice to do things like have "spam@××××××.com" drop directly into
27 public.spam, then having spamassassin scan the underlying directory in the
28 background and update its baysian database... The bulletin boards are
29 posted to by aliasing address@××××××.com to bb+public.spam, or you can
30 email them directly to that address.
31
32 The problem with using plus addressing to file emails into the specific
33 folder of a user account is that you have to allow post access to anyone,
34 which would allow anyone to email directly to your folders (as opposed to
35 allowing your sieve scripts handle it).
39 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list