From: "Mișu Moldovan" <dumol@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Complete migration from Scientific Linux with new features (Samba+AD/Winbind)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 19:22:43
1 2011/10/29 Vinícius Ferrão <viniciusferrao@××××××××××.br>:
2 [snip]
3 > PS: We already have MS Licenses, since I'm in a university with MSDNAA program.
4
5 I've worked in environments with MS Exchange as an internal mail
6 server, using qmail and others as relays, for extra security. The MS
7 server required specialized expertise and compatible clients, MAPI
8 being strongly preferred by Exchange. This has been a PITA for users
9 with free software operating systems. As a last resort, there is an
10 IMAP connector in MS Exchange, but this software functions poorly as
11 an IMAP server.
12
13 I would suggest a free-software mail server, with support for MAPI,
14 Active Sync and the likes, it there really is a need for it (consider
15 IMAP with idle support and open alternatives for synchronization of
16 PIM data). Look for the likes of Open-Xchange, SoGo, Zarafa, Zimbra
17 for full Exchange compatibility.
18
19 HTH,
22 mișu