From: Robert Welz <welz@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: baselayout was Re: [gentoo-server] Stable portage tree
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:24:07
1 Jan Meier wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > how is the status of the stable portage tree? Is it already available?
5 >
6 > I am really interested in it because I am tired of frequently updates on my
7 > server just because there is a new version. Doing only security update would
8 > be nice.
9 >
10 > Regards
11 >
12 > Jan
13
14 I have noticed three updates to baselayout in three days. Is there a
15 real reason for that high frequency of updates? I have the problem of
16 etc-update on 14 servers and really could spend my time on something
17 more productive i.e. learning ldap, fixing sguile and debugging xen for
18 nfs. Now I fix all those init.d files all the day.
19
20 Just my 2 cents,
21 Regards,
22 Robert