From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: baselayout was Re: [gentoo-server] Stable portage tree
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 22:54:24
1 Robert Welz wrote:
2
3 > I have noticed three updates to baselayout in three days. Is there a
4 > real reason for that high frequency of updates? I have the problem of
5 > etc-update on 14 servers and really could spend my time on something
6 > more productive i.e. learning ldap, fixing sguile and debugging xen for
7 > nfs. Now I fix all those init.d files all the day.
8
9 I'd guess those would be "oops" bugs that they are fixing which is why I
10 don't update a package unless it's a glsa or it's been in portage more
11 than a week.
12
13 kashani
14 --