From: Tony VanScoy <tvanscoy@××××××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo-Server <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-server] Load Balanced Web Host?
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 16:05:44
1 I just embarked on the ability to distribute compilation over a network
2 of machines using distcc. I've always known about this capability but I
3 didn't think I'd have the hardware/software/money to do something like
4 that. distcc to the rescue.
5
6 The reason I covered that is because I share the same interest in load
7 balancing some of my web servers as I do distributed compilation. But
8 can load balancing web servers be as simple as distcc? I don't think
9 so. I mean quite a bit more would have to go into somthing like this
10 right? Can anyone give me some pointers??
11
12 -Tony