From: Ryan Gibbons <gibbonsr-ml@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Hosting Control Panel
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 16:02:24
1 Thanks, I am currently giving Syscp a test run.
2
3 It seems pretty good, and I found a skin in the forums that is simply
4 beautiful, really simple and easy on the eyes.
5
6 I am currently working out a few issues with Syscp, or at least I am
7 calling them issues b/c I can't figure them out :) I am really looking
8 forward to the 1.4 release, it looks like the module hooks will really
9 make thing thing powerful and easy to upgrade. From a few posts I've
10 read on the forums, they are really hoping to get it out in a few months.
11
12 Andreas Tasch wrote:
13 > Ryan Gibbons schrieb:
14 >
15 >> I currently do some small hosting for a few local business along with
16 >> friends and family.
17 >>
18 >> I am wanting something to help ease the load of setting up new people
19 >> and have been looking at several Panels. There are many out there
20 >> with a good handfull that look like complete projects with good
21 >> development.
22 >>
23 >> Before I go ahead and deploy a system, I wanted to see if anybody out
24 >> here uses one and if what their thoughts are about the ones out there.
25 >>
26 >> Some of the ones I am considering.
27 >>
28 >> Syscp , DTC, and Zpanel.
29 >>
30 >> VHCS seems to be dying, if not already dead. ISPConfig doesn't seem
31 >> to be quite what I am looking for, and all the others charge (Hsphere,
32 >> cpanel, plesk, etc)
33 >>
34 >> So ... What are your thoughts?
35 >>
36 > Hi Ryan,
37 >
38 > check out SysCP (https://syscp.org). Lightweight and it does not mess up
39 > your System like others. Upcoming version 1.4 will be modular and much
40 > more flexible. A fast growing project with very active developers.
41 >
42 > Have fun,
43 > Andy
44 >