From: Andy Dustman <adustman@×××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-server@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Root exploit in virtually all 2.4 kernels ... fixed
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:41:19
1 On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 15:18, Kerin Millar wrote:
2 > Let me make it perfectly clear that every version of every single set of
3 > kernel sources in ebuild now applies a patch to rectify the
4 > vulnerability, if required. Even vanilla-sources-2.4.20 is now safe, for
5 > example.
6
7 Not all of the ebuilds have been bumped a revision number, so you won't
8 get the patch with emerge --update world; you'll need to explicitly
9 re-emerge. In particular, vanilla-sources were not bumped. wolk-sources
10 were bumped (to 4.9-r2) within the last day (or moved to stable),
11 although 4.9-r1 also has the patch. And I may be wrong but it appears
12 redhat-sources does not have the fix unless it was previously
13 incorporated by Red Hat. (I don't use that package so I can't say
14 authoritatively).
15 --
16 Andy Dustman <adustman@×××××××××.edu>
17 Office of Information Technology, Terry College of Business, UGA