From: Robert Sanders <rob-lists@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Load Balanced Web Host?
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 17:02:11
1 On Thursday 08 April 2004 12:56 pm, Dan Podeanu wrote:
2 > Depending on the size of your cluster, what exactly you need to do and what
3 > you want to prevent, DNS round robin might or might not be a good idea. One
4 > should write a book about it :)
5
6 This is very true. I took two web machines, rsync the content on a regular
7 basis and round robin the DNS. Not a advanced solution at all, and definatly
8 not enterprise class. But, easiest way I know to move close to 200Mbps with
9 two PIII machines. If your doing anything that even looks to be advanced,
10 this probably isnt the way to do it.
11
12 Rob