From: Dan Podeanu <pdan@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Load Balanced Web Host?
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 16:56:27
1 Cisco delivers sortof enterprise class web clustering - Cisco Local Director
2 & co. Afaik they do stuff software.
3 Foundry Networks delivers enterprise class, hardware web clustering - Server
4 Iron series.
5
6 There are also a myriad (ok, 3-4 of them :p) of software solutions for posix
7 compatibles, but you'll have to google for them.
8
9 Depending on the size of your cluster, what exactly you need to do and what
10 you want to prevent, DNS round robin might or might not be a good idea. One
11 should write a book about it :)
12
13 Cheers,
14 Dan.
15
16 ----- Original Message -----
17 From: "Robert Sanders" <rob-lists@××××××××.com>
18 To: <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
19 Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 7:35 PM
20 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Load Balanced Web Host?