From: Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Gentoo for server
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 12:04:17
1 On Tuesday 07 December 2004 12:12 pm, Mariusz Zalewski wrote:
2 > Andrew Cowie wrote:
3 > > Gentoo is excellent from a security standpoint; either a version bump or
4 > > a backported patch tends to be made available very quickly, especially
5 > > on the various things that tend to be in production use.
6 >
7 > Did any institution or organization made some measurement? I mean - how
8 > much time does it take from 0 day (when the critical bug is discovered
9 > in the most popular server services: ssh, ftp, apache...) to the time,
10 > when new ebuild is available from emerge? Did anybody made this
11 > measurement?
12
13 As of apache, I can say, we do our best to come up with patches ASAP.
14 However, I assume that the herd responsible for openssh and ftp-alike
15 server programs will do the same as well.
16
17 I see no need to fear about here.
18
19 We all take our job serious and though, do our best to fullfill
20 the endusers whishes.
21
22 Best regards,
23 Christian Parpart.
26 Netiquette: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
27 13:00:51 up 39 days, 5:30, 0 users, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00