From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Gentoo for server
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 16:51:41
1 On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 01:03:49PM +0100, Christian Parpart wrote:
2 > As of apache, I can say, we do our best to come up with patches ASAP.
3 > However, I assume that the herd responsible for openssh and ftp-alike
4 > server programs will do the same as well.
5 >
6 > I see no need to fear about here.
7 >
8 > We all take our job serious and though, do our best to fullfill
9 > the endusers whishes.
10
11 And, for security issues, we even have an extra resource (the security
12 project) which aides in the development.
13
14 See http://www.gentoo.org/security/en/vulnerability-policy.xml for more
15 information on how all this is handled.
16
17 Wkr,
18 Sven Vermeulen
22 Documentation & PR project leader