From: Wendall Cada <wendallc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] PEAR doesn't work, PHP 4.3.11
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 15:45:26
1 Make include_path is set in php.ini to /usr/lib/php. For mod_php, this
2 will be /etc/php/apache2-php4/php.ini
3 There was a problem a while back with one of the portage libs where all
4 the pear files were placed in /usr/lib/php/php which effectively broke
5 everything. If this appears to be the case for you, emerge sync and
6 remerge mod_php. I have also suffered from the ebuild
7 removing /usr/lib/php/PEAR.php If this file is missing, you'll need to
8 grab a copy from pear.php.net.
9
10 If there are any devs listening in, you should take note that PEAR is
11 sadly broken beyond what is reasonable for working systems.
12
13 On the same subject. Why pear isn't handled by the very nice pear
14 package manager provided by php is beyond me. It's silly to have added
15 all the overhead to portage for something that has a very nice and
16 functional pear package manager to a less than desireable situation
17 where packages are out of date, or unavailable.
18
19 Wendall