From: Jean Blignaut <jean@×××××××.biz>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] rsyncd inside vserver
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:17:03
1 Im interested in this vserver process but still a little uncertain about how it works.
2 I mean I have a rough idea and I know it sounds promising and that I would like to finish setting it up (started that last week, but had to tackle other stuff meanwhile)
3 Questions:
4 But are you able to have a 'hardened' vserver? Because I was wanting to try that out also.
5 Also does It make sense to run mysql in one virtual server apache in another and your MTA in another and pop3/imap in yet another? (only examples of what I mean)
6 Can the virtual servers share folders/partitions?
7 etc. etc.
8
9 -----Original Message-----
10 From: Witschel, Matthias, Infraserv-Hoechst/DE [mailto:Matthias.Witschel@×××××××××.com]
11 Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 10:50 AM
12 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
13 Subject: AW: [gentoo-server] rsyncd inside vserver
14
15 No. NFSD is not running on the Host. But since i virtualized the function that was running on the host I found rsync running on the host without spcific IP binding (well, it seems rsync cant be bound to a specific IP?), so the deamon on the host blocked the virtual IP. After stopping rsyncd on the host, the virtual server worked fine.
16 Thanx for your suggestion! It finaly directed me into the right direction.
17
18 Is there a specific mailing list for the gentoo vserver project? I'm planning virtualisation of at least 7 productive services, including mailrelay, mediawiki, cups and samba. I am willing to share my experiences as well as I will need help from others.
19
20 mit freundlichen Grüßen
21
22 Matthias Witschel
23
24 Infraserv GmbH & Co. Höchst KG
25 Geschäftsfeld IT-Services
26 Computing Services
27 Server Center
28
29 Industriepark Höchst
30 Geb. C 584, Raum U10e
31
32 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
33 Von: Benedikt Boehm [mailto:hollow@g.o]
34 Gesendet: Montag, 30. Januar 2006 21:52
35 An: gentoo-server@l.g.o
36 Betreff: Re: [gentoo-server] rsyncd inside vserver
37
38 Do you, by any chance, run nfsd on the host?
39
40 if yes http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-359538.html my be of help for you.. if you need nfsd on the host try to bind it to one specific ip only, instead of 0.0.0.0
41
42 HTH