From: Christian Affolter <c.affolter@××××××××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] rsyncd inside vserver
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 08:56:15
1 Hi!
2
3 > Im interested in this vserver process but still a little uncertain about how it works.
4 Go on a check out the official Linux vserver page: http://linux-vserver.org/
5 Furthermore I highly recommend you to browse the mail archive
6 http://list.linux-vserver.org/archive/vserver/
7
8 > I mean I have a rough idea and I know it sounds promising and that I would like to finish setting it up (started that last week, but had to tackle other stuff meanwhile)
9 > Questions:
10 > But are you able to have a 'hardened' vserver? Because I was wanting to try that out also.
11 How do you define hardening?
12
13 > Also does It make sense to run mysql in one virtual server apache in another and your MTA in another and pop3/imap in yet another? (only examples of what I mean)
14 Yes, of course! That's what they're made for :)
15
16 > Can the virtual servers share folders/partitions?
17 Yes, you can mount (bind ~ share) partitions within the host or vserver
18 context.
19
20 regards,
21 Chris