From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Was it necessary to remove support?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:21:03
1 Andrew Kesterson wrote:
2 >
3 > This is going to sound a bit elitist, but was it really necessary to
4 > remove install instructions for a stage 1/2 from the handbook? It seems
5 > to me like, if someone doesn't know what they're doing when they start a
6 > stage 1, then they should not be surprised when they bork the install.
7 > Besides, it's all very plainly laid out; or at least it was.
8 >
9 > Hope I don't forget how to do it the next time I setup a
10 > workstation. :-P Is there at least going to be a FAQ for how to
11 > recompile a working server from the base system with custom CFLAGS and
12 > USE flags, for those who haven't done a stage 1 before?
13
14 Having had my fill of this discussion on gentoo-user, gentoo-dev, and
15 the forums I'd suggest reading the archives from Nov or so and then
16 proceeding on to the seventy odd emails that's likely to come out of this.
17
18 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/33245
19
20 kashani