From: Andrew Kesterson <andrew@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Was it necessary to remove support?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:45:10
1 This is going to sound a bit elitist, but was it really necessary
2 to remove install instructions for a stage 1/2 from the handbook? It seems
3 to me like, if someone doesn't know what they're doing when they start a
4 stage 1, then they should not be surprised when they bork the install.
5 Besides, it's all very plainly laid out; or at least it was.
6
7 Hope I don't forget how to do it the next time I setup a
8 workstation. :-P Is there at least going to be a FAQ for how to recompile
9 a working server from the base system with custom CFLAGS and USE flags,
10 for those who haven't done a stage 1 before?
11
12 Cheers.
13 --
14 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list