From: Mark Rudholm <rudholm@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Was it necessary to remove support?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:57:13
1 Andrew Kesterson wrote:
2 >
3 > This is going to sound a bit elitist, but was it really necessary to
4 > remove install instructions for a stage 1/2 from the handbook? It seems
5 > to me like, if someone doesn't know what they're doing when they start a
6 > stage 1, then they should not be surprised when they bork the install.
7 > Besides, it's all very plainly laid out; or at least it was.
8 >
9 > Hope I don't forget how to do it the next time I setup a
10 > workstation. :-P Is there at least going to be a FAQ for how to
11 > recompile a working server from the base system with custom CFLAGS and
12 > USE flags, for those who haven't done a stage 1 before?
13 >
14 > Cheers.
15
16 This FAQ entry seems to treat the issue:
17
18 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/faq.xml#stage12
19
20 Although it's a bit scant on what modifications to bootstrap.sh
21 might be needed.
22 --
23 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list