From: Brett Hoffman <bjh@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] integrate windows domainb users into linux
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 19:39:45
1 Rene,
2
3 A really good place to start, would be to read this:
4 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-114837-highlight-active+directory+samba
5 .html
6
7 If you only want to allow users to be authenticated from an AD server and
8 login to the shell, then I suggest using winbind, which is what I currently
9 use. The only draw back with using winbind, is that I never did figure out a
10 way to deny a user access to the shell even if you only want them to be a
11 user in AD. i.e. if the user has a username+password in AD and they ssh in
12 the Gentoo box will allow them to login to the shell.
13
14 Thanks,
15 Brett
16
17 > -----Original Message-----
18 > From: Rene Zbinden [mailto:rene.zbinden@××××××.ch]
19 > Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 1:54 PM
20 > To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
21 > Subject: [gentoo-server] integrate windows domainb users into linux
22 >
23 > Hi
24 >
25 > does anybody now how I modify my gentoo linux system in order users from
26 > a windows domain can login. do I have to create a samba server or is
27 > there a sort of a client?
28 >
29 > any suggestions welcome.
30 >