From: Zane <knalb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] integrate windows domainb users into linux
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 04:12:51
1 Brett Hoffman wrote:
2 > Rene,
3 >
4 > A really good place to start, would be to read this:
5 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-114837-highlight-active+directory+samba
6 > .html
7 >
8 > If you only want to allow users to be authenticated from an AD server and
9 > login to the shell, then I suggest using winbind, which is what I currently
10 > use. The only draw back with using winbind, is that I never did figure out a
11 > way to deny a user access to the shell even if you only want them to be a
12 > user in AD. i.e. if the user has a username+password in AD and they ssh in
13 > the Gentoo box will allow them to login to the shell.
14 >
15 > Thanks,
16 > Brett
20 Brett, the easiest way to do this is to create a local group on your
21 linux machine for this purpose. On my box, I used sshd. Then just add
22 the usernames of the people you want to be able to connect into this
23 group, and this into your sshd_config:
24
25 AllowGroup sshd
26
27 Done.
28 >> -----Original Message-----
29 >> From: Rene Zbinden [mailto:rene.zbinden@××××××.ch]
30 >> Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 1:54 PM
31 >> To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
32 >> Subject: [gentoo-server] integrate windows domainb users into linux
33 >>
34 >> Hi
35 >>
36 >> does anybody now how I modify my gentoo linux system in order users from
37 >> a windows domain can login. do I have to create a samba server or is
38 >> there a sort of a client?
39 >>
40 >> any suggestions welcome.
41 >>