From: Ezra Gorman <ezra@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] users of virtual domains
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 16:28:11
1 On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 05:12:46PM -0700, Ben Munat wrote:
2 > I'm still looking into setting up webDAV... will get to that soon... but
3 > I wanna set up https first. Hey, that reminds me, at the risk of
4 > spinning this off into a new thread, does anyone know if there are any
5 > tools yet for putting virtual hosts through https?
6
7 The request for a virtual host on a box comes inside of the encrypted
8 connection that is made when using https. SSL certificates are for a
9 specific domain. This means that the ssl connection and the certificate
10 will be offered before the webserver knows which domain the user is
11 asking for.
12
13 Currently, afaik, the only way to do virtual hosting with ssl is with
14 multiple public IPs. Or provide people access through something like:
15 https://maindomain.com/secure/userdomain.org
16
17 -Ezra
21 Ezra Gorman