From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] users of virtual domains
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 00:02:42
1 Just thought I should post a quick follow-up/wrap-up to this thread. I
2 took a look at the chroot jails mentioned by various posters (thanks!)
3 and was debating which to use when it occured to me to check portage.
4 Turns out that there's a nice little package called simply "jail", which
5 features a stripped down shell and some scripts to assist in moving
6 apps into the jail and setting up jailed users. Works like a charm, and
7 I'd always rather have something in portage.
8
9 I'm still looking into setting up webDAV... will get to that soon... but
10 I wanna set up https first. Hey, that reminds me, at the risk of
11 spinning this off into a new thread, does anyone know if there are any
12 tools yet for putting virtual hosts through https?
13
14 Thanks,
15
16 Ben