From: Chris <chris@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Gentoo-server project status and proposal
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 12:32:54
1 this sounds like a very great project, i hope you get it done fully, as
2 i surely would have use for it (got a whole bunch of gentoo-boxes, with
3 different archs)
4
5 plz keep us informed and also put your longer doc online, as i'm not
6 scared to read some 50 pages about an interesting project like this :)
7
8 greets, Chris
13 Ricardo Loureiro wrote:
14
15 > Hi,
16 >
17 > I'm finishing my masters and as final project I decided to make a
18 > "portage" that would work well on a network environment, in this case
19 > a software development lab. My idea is to put portage on a database
20 > and create tools that would allow clients to request packages to a
21 > central machine that would calculate dependencies, compile them and
22 > install on the client. This is the quick-and-dirty short description,
23 > it's more complex than that =)
24 >
25 > First i'd like to know the status of the Gentoo-Server Project, since
26 > it's not updated since July 2003.
27 >
28 > Second, I wrote a quick draft of what i'm planning to do for my
29 > project and would like some feedback since it may be useful to
30 > gentoo-server. The doc is available at
31 > http://student.dei.uc.pt/~rjlouro/gentoo-server.pdf
32 >
33 > Please note it's quite simple cause I didn't want to bore ppl, i've
34 > already wrote much more than that for my report and will be happy to
35 > provide all info needed, but I don't want to scare ppl with very long
36 > stuff, if you feel this can be usefull to gentoo great, i'd love to
37 > give all of it back.
38 >
39 > Regards,
40 > Ricardo Loureiro