From: "Jesse
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] Cheap Gentoo firewall hardware
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:43:39
1 I thought about that, as I have 10/100 NICs coming out of my ears, but I
2 don't forsee that being a problem in the next five years. By that time,
3 I'll hopefully convince my Finance Manager (my lovely Wife) that such
4 measures will be necessary in order to protect our kids from Internet
5 predators and p0rn and myspace and such... :)
6
7 Thanks,
8 Rich
9
10 -----Original Message-----
11 From: xyon [mailto:xyon@×××××××××××.com]
12 Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 8:43 AM
13 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
14 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Cheap Gentoo firewall hardware
15
16 One of the beauties of building your own firewall box is that if you
17 want
18 to add a subnet (ie, for guests in the household that you don't want
19 touching your sensitive LAN boxes), you just plop a new NIC in and go..
20 being limited by how many NICs you can put in a firewall box is a bit
21 counter-productive IMNSHO. ;)
24 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list