From: Marco Wesselgren <marco.wesselgren@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@g.o, nick.vanvlaenderen@×××××××.be
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Setting up a server in a Windows XP invirnment
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:28:29
1 > Hello,
2 >
3 > The company I work for has a network of Windows XP computers. There is
4 > also a server that is used for backups, also running on Windows XP. Now,
5 > they want to use the server as an e-mail gateway too. I am running Gentoo
6 > for almost a year now and thought of using instead of Windows XP on the
7 > server. There is only one problem: how can Windows XP save its backups on
8 > a Linux system? I mean, at the moment, there is no problem, cause the
9 > server runs on Windows XP too, but can I use the same technology to make
10 > backups with a Linux-server?
11
12 You could use Amanda (http://www.amanda.org) to automate your backups,
13 it can handle backups of Windows hosts.