From: Andreas Tasch <ta_list@×××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] [Somewhat OT] Backup Solution (Gentoo Based)
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 07:26:43
1 Hi,
2
3 Ramon van Alteren schrieb:
4 > Kirk Hoganson wrote:
5 >> I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions. Bacula looks like
6 >> a close fit. I don't know how it flew under my radar. My question, for
7 >> those using it, would be how do you handle DB backups? MySQL backups
8 >> are of the utmost importance here.
9
10 Have a look at http://sourceforge.net/projects/automysqlbackup/
11 It does the job for me well but I don't have a 20G DB :)
14 > hotbackup might be an option ? (too unfamiliar with it to actually give
15 > any useful advice, just know that it exists)
16 >
17 > You might want to have a look at LVM snapshot facility which allows you
18 > to take a simple filebased backup of your database because LVM has
19 > frozen the state at a point in time.
20 >
21 > That would assume that you're willing to run your database off a LVM
22 > volume ;-)
23 >
24 > I personally use a scheme for mysql-backup with a dedicated slave for
25 > backups in a mysql-replication setup. The slave isn't used for anything
26 > but backups. Stop the slave at low traffic and dump everything to local
27 > fs, start the slave and resync, move the backup to storage.
28 >
29 >> How are Bacula users backing up their DB servers?
30 >
31 > Last time I used bacula it didn't have hot-backup facilities for
32 > databases. That was about a year back, so things might have changed.
33 >
34 > Ramon
35
36 ndee