From: "Sancho2k.net Lists" <lists@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] users of virtual domains
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 23:06:24
1 Ben Munat wrote:
2 > gentoo@××××××.com wrote:
3 > > I think, that better solution is chrootssh (it also have switch in
4 > > openssh ebuild).
5 >
6 > But chrooting ssh won't keep my users under their home directory, will
7 > it? And I still want unfettered access for myself, won't chrooting ssh
8 > affect all users?
9
10 chroot'ing would in fact, chroot users to a defined directory. It
11 changes the root to a different directory, so that for example a user
12 will see / in their chroot and it is actually /home/user/chroot, or
13 something similar.
14 Generally tools like this work by setting the user's shell program to
15 the program that enforces the chroot, rather than the usual /bin/bash or
16 whatever shell the user usually uses. This means that generally, you can
17 enable the behaviour on a per-user basis.
18
19 DS