From: Andrea Ferraris <andrea_ferraris@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] authomatically renice compilations processes upon system load
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 19:04:49
1 Hi all!
2
3 it's some time that I'm wandering if there are already some software
4 or bunch of scripts to adapt the Gentoo compilations to the system load.
5 It is, is would be a great thing if the compilation of new or updated
6 packages could be at lower priority when the system load is high and
7 at a higher priority when the system load is lower.
8
9 I think that could be made with some scripts and the nice command, but
10 I don't know if something like that already exists.
11
12 Somebody knows?
15 Best regards,
16 Andrea Ferraris
19 If this message isn't electronically signed (digital authentication),
20 then it could come from anybody, also from who appears as the sender.