From: Jonathan Nichols <jnichols@×××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] IMAP Filtering
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 18:01:38
1 > I have been told that the trick is to do server side filtering on
2 > incoming mail. I don't however think this will fix my problems. This
3 > leaves me to believe that after this many years of IMAP being in use and
4 > it is still at this level of lameness, that I should return to using
5 > pop3 and create something with cron and rsync to make my mail archive
8 procmail
9
10 maildrop
11
12 sieve
13
14 ... it's slow on the client side because your client is not sorting
15 things on the server. It's getting the message, processing it, putting
16 it into a new folder, etc. I do server side filtering with maildrop and
17 it works great. Now, I only sort *my* mail. Not one single user has
18 requested a server-side filter for anything more complex than "put
19 anything with "*SPAM*" into the Spam folder, please!"
20 --
21 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list