From: Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen <jaervosz@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Stable portage tree
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 05:35:47
1 On Wednesday 16 August 2006 18:04, Alex Efros wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 05:46:18PM +0200, Karl Hiramoto wrote:
5 > Yeah, but, as I said before, this require many Gentoo devs dedicated for
6 > this task... and these devs must not be newbies, they must be security
7 > experts and strong QA. For now I don't see enthusiasm from Gentoo devs to
8 > work on this task.
9 Currently we don't have the manpower needed for such a task. Some of us worked
10 on GLEP 19 about a year ago but it has been dormant since then as we
11 encountered quite a few problems.
14 Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen (Jaervosz)
15 Operational Manager
16 Gentoo Linux Security Team