From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] smart way to backup apache uploaded files.
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:10:59
1 On Tuesday 30 November 2004 07:43, Zhang Weiwu wrote:
2 > But how? I don't find on the Internet how to change the default
3 > permission for apache uploaded file.
4
5 Apache normally doesn't upload files on its own (unless you're using mod_dav).
6 Are these files being uploaded to something like phpBB? We need more
7 information before we can help you.
8
9 > Besides, I wish to know *how dangerous* it is to let user 'apache' login
10 > through ssh by using public/private key. If it is not dangerous, perhaps
11 > I could just keep my way as it is?
12
13 Is this machine is accessible via the Internet? If so, I wouldn't advise it.
14
15 To back the files up, it's normally sufficient to either run a backup solution
16 as root, or to create a dedicated user account that has 'apache' as its
17 default group.
18
19 Best regards,
20 Stu
21 --
22 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
23 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
24 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
25
26 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
27 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
28 --