From: "Ian P. Christian" <pookey@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: theboywho <theboywho@×××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Centralized Gentoo (build -> push/pull) to multiple architectures
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:26:16
1 On Wednesday 19 October 2005 20:15, theboywho wrote:
2 > If you would like more information, I would be happy to help.
3
4 Absolutly fantastic, I've been meaning to sort this for ages.
5
6 I myself would *love* to see this expanded upon. I could setup a wiki for
7 this, or the gentoo wiki might be the best place to do it. Or, if you like,
8 just pencil it out in a tiny bit more detail and I'll document it, I need to
9 do this for my company.
10
11 Questions: do you use cron? how do you report when servers need new packages?
12 so you automatically install packages? how do you handle restarting services
13 on the servers? do you have different profiles like... p4-webserver,
14 amd64-mailserver etc... etc. etc.
15
16 Kind Regards,
19 Ian P. Christian ~ http://pookey.co.uk