From: Kerin Millar <kerin@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:24:08
1 Sorry about the half reply before ... :/
2
3 > Hi all:
4 >
5 > I have a cyrus-imapd installation. And it contains lots of users.
6 > When i add a new account to cyrus-imapd server. The user who has been
7 > created right now have to subscribe his mail folders mannully. I wonder
8 > that whether or not subscribe the mail folders automatic? I have
9 > searched the web for a long time. But no result. If it could be, how to
10 > implement it?
11 > My cyrus version is 2.2.3
12
13 I use courier-imap so the procedure would probably be different. But I
14 presume that you define a mailbox at the time that you add a new Unix user
15 account. In that case, could you not populate /etc/skel so that the new
16 user account has the correct entries in order to be subscribed to the
17 default folders?
18
19 For example, I have an /etc/skel/.maildir structure. I can achieve the
20 goal by making sure that /etc/skel/.maildir/courierimapsubscribed exists
21 and contains:
22
23 INBOX.Sent
24 INBOX.Trash
25 INBOX.Drafts
26 INBOX
27
28 Perhaps a similar solution might work for you?
29
30 Regards,
31
32 --Kerin Francis Millar