From: Jan Meier <jan.meier@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] home rsync server
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:47:22
1 Hi,
2
3 Am Dienstag 31 Oktober 2006 14:31 schrieb Alex:
4 > at home i have an router and 3 clients all running gentoo.
5 > This is just crying after an home rsync server like described here ->
6 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Local_Rsync_Mirror
7 >
8 > After read this i thought if it wouldn't be better to just export
9 > "/usr/portage" via nfs to every client in my network, and run "emerge
10 > --sync" once 1 day on my router. This has the advantage that the clients
11 > don't need to waste the drive space for the ebuilds, and i can save time
12 > for
13 > downloading distfiles.
14 > The only thing on the client is to make an "emerge --metadata".
15 >
16 > Would this work or have i forgotten something?
17
18 This would work like a charm :)
19
20 Regards