From: Alex <alex@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] home rsync server
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:34:03
1 Hi,
2
3 at home i have an router and 3 clients all running gentoo.
4 This is just crying after an home rsync server like described here ->
5 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Local_Rsync_Mirror
6
7 After read this i thought if it wouldn't be better to just export
8 "/usr/portage" via nfs to every client in my network, and run "emerge --sync" once
9 1 day on my router. This has the advantage that the clients don't need
10 to waste the drive space for the ebuilds, and i can save time for
11 downloading distfiles.
12 The only thing on the client is to make an "emerge --metadata".
13
14 Would this work or have i forgotten something?
15
16 greetz
17 alex
20 * IMPORTANT: 217 config files in /etc need updating
21 --
22 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list