From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Postfix Virt Mail Hosting
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 23:24:51
1 A. Khattri wrote:
2 > Im reading the Gentoo Mail Hosting Guide with a view to setting this up on
3 > a server:
4 >
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/virt-mail-howto.xml
6 >
7 > Problem is that this howto makes no mention of integrating spamd and
8 > clamav into this setup. We already have spamd/clamav servers serving two
9 > other mail servers so that part is already done.
10 >
11 > Any ideas?
12
13 What sort of integration are you looking for? Something that users can
14 interact with or just adding global filtering to the system?
15
16 BTW I would not recommend using that how-to for the following reasons.
17
18 1. clear text passwords
19 2. archaic/no user management
20 3. Uses Postfix 2.1 sql syntax which won't work in 2.2
21 4. Several technical shortcomings due to mailman integration.
22
23 You can work around most fo the above if you're willing to drop mailman
24 and do some research. I would however use PostfixAdmin as the front end
25 which includes user admin, domain admin, and global admin interfaces.
26 Also supports crypted passwords, but uses a different db schema. After
27 that it's nearly the same setup with a few changes and the exact same
28 software.
29
30 I can write a quick how-to for you and tar up some configs as well if
31 you're interested or I can list the things you'll want to do to fix the
32 Gentoo how-to.
33
34 kashani
35 --