From: Anthony Valentine <avalentine@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Postfix Virt Mail Hosting
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 00:37:25
1 I am planning on building a new server using that config (sans mailman),
2 however I don't want clear text passwords and will be using postfix
3 2.2.5, so I would be interested in that HOW-TO and sample config files.
4
5 Thanks in advance!
6
7 Anthony
10 kashani wrote:
11 > A. Khattri wrote:
12 >
13 >> Im reading the Gentoo Mail Hosting Guide with a view to setting this
14 >> up on
15 >> a server:
16 >>
17 >> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/virt-mail-howto.xml
18 >>
19 >> Problem is that this howto makes no mention of integrating spamd and
20 >> clamav into this setup. We already have spamd/clamav servers serving two
21 >> other mail servers so that part is already done.
22 >>
23 >> Any ideas?
26 > What sort of integration are you looking for? Something that users can
27 > interact with or just adding global filtering to the system?
28 >
29 > BTW I would not recommend using that how-to for the following reasons.
30 >
31 > 1. clear text passwords
32 > 2. archaic/no user management
33 > 3. Uses Postfix 2.1 sql syntax which won't work in 2.2
34 > 4. Several technical shortcomings due to mailman integration.
35 >
36 > You can work around most fo the above if you're willing to drop mailman
37 > and do some research. I would however use PostfixAdmin as the front end
38 > which includes user admin, domain admin, and global admin interfaces.
39 > Also supports crypted passwords, but uses a different db schema. After
40 > that it's nearly the same setup with a few changes and the exact same
41 > software.
42 >
43 > I can write a quick how-to for you and tar up some configs as well if
44 > you're interested or I can list the things you'll want to do to fix the
45 > Gentoo how-to.
46 >
47 > kashani
50 Anthony Valentine
51 Asst. I.T. Manager
52 Spenard Builders Supply
55 UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
56 would also stop you from doing clever things.
57 --
58 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list