From: "Sébastien Arnaud" <sebastien@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] MySQL 4.1
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 05:29:06
1 Hi to all:
2
3 I am afraid to ask a dumb question, but I may need to get some
4 clarification on the methodology in the publishing process in portage.
5 MySQL 4.1 has been released and certified "production ready", but for
6 some reason the only version available in portage is 4.0.22. I found
7 out that MySQL 4.1 is currently masked, and not available even via ~x86
8 accept_keywords pref. My question is:
9 1. Does somebody know the reason behind masking an ebuild, instead of
10 marking it as "unstable" via ~x86 ?
11 2. Why is MySQL 4.1 ebuild still masked and unavailable, when it is
12 becoming widely available on other linux distro?
13
14 Thank you in advance.
15
16 Sébastien