From: Mark Rudholm <rudholm@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] grub ebuild
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:26:23
1 Andrew Kesterson wrote:
4 > On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Mark Rudholm wrote:
5 >
6 >> I was installing Gentoo on a new desktop system they gave me at work
7 >> last night and was surprised to find that Stage 1 and Stage 2 installs
8 >> are
9 >> no longer supported and that users are instructed not to do them.
12 > Seriously?
13 > Can we have some linkage for where you saw this in the handbook? I
14 > installed a desktop just a week ago, and didn't see any such notice. Or
15 > maybe I just know what to look for in the handbook, and skimmed past it...
16
17 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/faq.xml#stage12
18
19 From: http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=1&chap=5
20 "Make sure you download a stage3 tarball - installations using a stage1 or
21 stage2 tarball are not supported anymore."
22 --
23 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list